Merdeka expects prospective leaders who excel academically and have characteristics according to work culture and company values, able to adapt, build careers and jointly build the Merdeka organization in realizing the vision of becoming a global leader in the Indonesian mining industry.
FAQ Merdeka Youth Talent Program
- Bachelors or master from reputable universities in Indonesia or abroad with a maximum of 3 years of work experience
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.30 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Maximum age 25 years for Bachelor (S1) or 27 years for Master (S2)
- Have good English skills. The ability to speak Mandarin is a plus
- Have good analytical thinking skills and presentation skills
- Having leadership experience on campus or in student organizations is a plus
- Have the ability to work in a team or individually
For the fourth batch of 2024, those who can apply are bachelor’s or masters from the following study programs:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Instrumental Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
We do not restrict students from certain universities. You can still register as long as your study program or major fits our needs above and is accredited A by BAN-PT. All participants will go through a series of objective admissions selection tests.
Merdeka will prioritize bachelor’s or master’s with a minimum GPA of 3.30. If the registrants with a GPA of 3.30 and above do not meet the quota and/or selection criteria, then those with a GPA below the minimum GPA standard will be considered for inclusion in the selection.
The initial registration and selection process will be announced through this website and the Career Development Center website of universities that are partners in the MYTP program, namely:
- Universitas Indonesia
- Institut Teknologi Bandung
- Universitas Padjadjaran
- Universitas Diponegoro
- Universitas Gajah Mada
- Universitas Pembangunan Nasional Veteran Yogyakarta
- Institut Teknologi Sepuluh November
Registration will be done online by filling out this form.
- The first stage of selection is file selection in the form of checking the suitability between participant profiles and the requirements set, as well as checking supporting documents.
- The second stage of selection is carried out face-to-face in several cities closest to the area of origin of the prospective participants, as well as online for participants who live far from the cities where the selection is made. The selections are made in the form of:
- English proficiency test
- Basic Psychological Test
- Value-based assessment
- Interview with HR Merdeka.
- The third stage of selection is an interview with the user department management.
- The fourth stage of selection is in the form of a medical examination to ensure that prospective participants meet the health standards set by the company.
Selection is carried out from mid-October to December 2023.
As a company that has a global vision, English language skills are a demand for future corporate leaders. In addition, Merdeka currently employs expatriate employees in certain positions, who will interact quite intensely with MYTP participants. Therefore, the ability to speak English will greatly help smooth daily communication.
In addition, the company is also establishing strategic cooperation with partners from China and has established branches in China. So the company will appreciate the Mandarin language skills of the prospective MYTP participants.
Every job vacancy at Merdeka will be published openly on the job vacancy site and through the company’s recruiter officially. If you are interested in joining Merdeka and its affiliated companies, please send your application and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MYTP program lasts for two years. Within the two years, MYTP participants are in an official contract with the company.
MYTP is a structured development program. Selected participants will take part in technical and leadership development with an emphasis on hands-on experience or practice which accounts for seventy percent of development activities. It includes rotational activities in business units within user divisions or departments, as well as being assigned to projects that are departmental priorities.
Twenty percent of the development is obtained from exposure or guidance from mentors, coaches, and buddies appointed for each participant, as well as networking sessions with management and other related parties. Meanwhile, ten percent of development comes from formal training sessions. With a 70-20-10 format like this, it is hoped that there will be an acceleration of understanding and mastery of MYTP participants on all aspects of the work that will be their responsibility.
In between rotations and on-site assignments, MYTP participants will periodically be scheduled to work at the head office in Jakarta to attend various coaching sessions and individual development with the HR Learning & Development team.
MYTP is a competitive program. An MYTP participant may be expelled from the program or not appointed as a permanent employee after the program ends if the participant’s performance does not meet the expectations of the user department. In this case, the appointed mentor will determine and discuss KRA/KPI with each participant. This KRA/KPI contains performance targets that must be achieved by considering the abilities and competencies of each individual.
The performance of each participant will be monitored periodically through quarterly evaluations by their respective mentors and coaches, as well as annual presentations to the GM Department. These two evaluations determine whether a participant will continue in the program and be appointed as a permanent employee or vice versa. Thus, it can be said that MYTP is a highly competitive and challenging program, with individual performance being the main measure.
Rotation is possible. The rotation policy is highly dependent on the interests or strategies applied by each user department. However, as an MYTP participant, you will be prioritized to experience inter-sectional or inter-project work rotations within your user department to fully understand the business processes in your department.
You can still register as long as you meet the requirements set out in each batch.